Thursday, March 11, 2010

BURNING MAN, BE READY FOR ME.





I woke up this morning and decided, “I’M GOING TO BURNING MAN THIS YEAR,” and I’ve never been so sure of anything in my life. Now I know that sounds completely cliche, but it’s true. Now, I’ve never been close to knowing I want to marry someone, and spend the rest of my life with them, but I compare this feeling to that. A complete SURENESS. I’ve been teetering back and forth about going and not going for, what seems like an eternity, now. I have had the money set aside for a long time but, for some reason, something’s been holding me back. I thought it was because I would be missing the first week of school, and being absent isn’t really “my thing” but really, I think what held me back from going to Burning Man this year, and previous years, was that it’s a huge gamble for me. AND everytime I’ve taken a gamble in my life, it backfires. (For example, going to ASU, moving back to SF, putting faith and trust in the wrong people.) A gamble in a sense that I would be immersing myself in a lot of things, I’ve never been exposed to before. I will be put in some situations I may find uncomfortable or displeasing. But today, I figured, I’ve been through a whole lot lately and it’s time for something to completely change me, for the better, of course. I also realized if things do end up backfiring at Burning Man, I’m going to be surrounded by alot of people who, I sometimes feel make it their jobs to make sure I’m okay. I’ll be surrounded by some of my closest friends for an entire week, in the desert, with nothing to worry about. SERIOUSLY, keeping my expectations low, IT SEEMS LIKE BURNING MAN WILL BE THE GREATEST EVENT OF MY LIFE.

BURNING MAN 2010: Metropolis, I’m honored to be taking part!

See you all on the playa!


No comments:

Post a Comment