Friday, September 10, 2010

For You, San Bruno.

.Yup, I'm back from THE BURN, as in Burning Man 2010: Metropolis and boy, was it amazing! But before I give any recaps on that, I'd like to take some time to shed light on more serious, very saddening situation that occurred last night, September 9, near my home. 

Around 6pm yesterday, while on my way home from school, I began to receive calls and texts from various people informing me of a plane crash/gas station explosion/ terrorist act in San Bruno, CA. It turns out a major PG&E gas line exploded causing an entire neighborhood to go up into flames. Driving home from the city, all I could see was a huge cloud of smoke over San Bruno, just 5 minutes away from where I live. 

For more information please go to: 


The fire is now contained, but there is still much that can be done for the victims. For many, this is very unreal, and very close to home. This is the kind of situation that could have happened anywhere and to any neighborhood. If you want to help, are in the area, and can spare time and supplies, try donating clothes, blankets, or even blood. If you're not in the area, and would like to help, donate to your local Red Cross or Salvation Army. 

For all the victims, and for you, San Bruno. We'll make it through this mess together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment